Dental Cleanser (EDTA Lubricant)
In dentistry, lubricants are used to reduce the friction between dental instruments and canal wall. If the canal is well-lubricated, dentin removal becomes much easier. The most commonly used compound in commercial products for this purpose is 17% ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA). EDTA can easily get into the canal and coat all the walls along with it chelates the calcium salts to facilitate endodontic instrument penetrations . It is also easy to remove after the procedure is done.
ICPA presents Canogel which contains 17% EDTA with 10% carbamide peroxide in a water-soluble gel base. This lubricant is intended for chemical and mechanical cleansing during root canal preparation. The effervescent action of sodium hypochlorite solution in Canogel makes cleaning of the root canal much more convenient. The use of sodium hypochlorite with the gel promotes internal bleaching of the tooth. This process is enhanced by the release of oxygen from carbamide peroxide.
Showing the single result
EDTA Lubricant for Root Canal
Canogel contains 17% EDTA with 10% carbamide peroxide in water-soluble gel base for use in chemical and mechanical cleansing of root canal preparation. It lubricates the root canal and chelates the calcium salts to facilitate endodontic instrument penetrations. Due its effervescent action with sodium hypochlorite solution, cleaning of root canal becomes very easy. The use of sodium hypochlorite with the gel promotes internal bleaching of the tooth. This process is enhanced by the release of oxygen from carbamide peroxide.
For chemical & mechanical preparation of root canals.
Cleansing and enlarging of calcified root canals.
17% EDTA, 10% carbamide peroxide, purified water, thickening agent and excipients.
Method of Use:
- Either apply this gel at the canal opening with a pellet, or coat the instrument to be used with the gel for lubrication.
- Fill and ream canal by the conventional method and irrigate with 3% sodium hypochlorite solution to remove the debris from the canal.
- Rinse the canal with water to remove the EDTA Gel.
- Dry the canal with absorbent paper points before filling.
- Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with skin (allergic contact dermatitis), and eye.
- Avoid prolonged inhalation.
- Do not take internally as contact with the skin may cause irritation and burns of hypersensitivity. If the gel comes in contact with skin, thoroughly wipe off with cotton and alcohol immediately and wash well with soap and water. If skin rash, sensitization or other allergic reaction occurs, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
- If the product comes in contact with the eyes, rinse thoroughly with fresh water and consult a physician.
- The product should not be used with patients who have a history of severe allergic reaction to any of the components.
Avoid injecting solution beyond apex of canal.
Storage & Shelf Life:
Store in a cool and dry environment. Always close the cap immediately after use. Close the container carefully after use. Keep away from moisture. Shelf life is not affected after opening if stored in a cool dry place. If not to be used for a longer duration, keep it in a refrigerator. Allow material to reach room temperature prior to use.
3 years under proper storage.
Pack: 1x 5g Syringe, 10 x Application Tips.
To be disposed off based on the prevailing rules of the country in which it is used