GUM CARE SPECIALIST
Chlorhexidine gluconate solution I.P. diluted to chlorhexidine gluconate 0.2% w/v in a pleasantly flavoured base.
Mode of action:
Bacterial plaque produces irritants, which cause gingivitis and periodontitis, ultimately leading to loss of teeth. Chemical control of plaque is achieved effectively with Hexidine. As an antimicrobial, Hexidine prevents secondary infections arising out of poor oral hygiene. It is particularly useful in plaque control for:
- Bed-ridden patients following surgery or in the ICU.
- Respiratory tract infections such as pharyngitis, tonsillitis, post-tonsillectomy surgery, preventing complications of pregnancy gingivitis and bacterial endocarditis.
- Preventing dental caries.
Hexidine begins its microbicidal effect in 15 seconds after contact and its bacteriostatic action lasts for 12 hours.
- Prevention of plaque in absence of brushing.
- Prevention and treatment of gingivitis.
- Treatment of oral candidiasis, controlling secondary bacterial infections for aphthous ulcers.
- Aids in treatment of mouth and throat infections.
Directions for use:
For treatment and prevention, swish in the mouth for one minute. Do not rinse your mouth, eat, drink thereafter for 20 minutes.
For prolonged use, take 1:1 dilution of Hexidine with plain water. Recommended only under professional guidance.
10 ml, twice a day.
Not to be swallowed. For oral use only. Brown staining of the teeth may be reported, while using the product in some cases. This usually disappears once the treatment is over, or may require scaling/polishing.
Do not use toothpastes immediately after rinsing with Hexidine, as it will diminish its effect. Use them first or at a different time of the day, and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water before using Hexidine. Avoid tannin-containing food and drinks for at least one hour after using Hexidine. If symptoms persist, stop using, and consult your dentist. Noticeable change in taste, or burning sensation may occur in exceptional cases upon first use. This usually goes away as you continue to use the product.
PET bottles of 80ml (2.7 fl.oz.), 160ml (5.41 fl.oz.) with 10ml measuring cap. Plastic bottle of 500 ml (16.9 fl. oz.).