Tartar or calculus is hardened plaque that attaches to the tooth and the gums. . It can cause swelling or inflammation of gums, form cavities and lead to tooth decay. Excessive tartar can also cause progressive gum disease.
XTAR is the first prescription toothpaste for tartar control. It contains effective tartar controlling agents such as potassium pyrophosphate, sodium pyrophosphate and sodium fluoride that avoid future deposits from forming.
Hence, XTAR is recommended post scaling as it prevents the formation of new calculus.
Showing the single result
Toothpaste for Tartar Control
Potassium pyrophosphate, sodium pyrophosphate in a combined concentration of 5%. Also sodium fluoride 0.24% equivalent to 900 ppm
Mode of Action:
- When toothpaste containing the soluble tetra sodium/ potassium pyrophosphate is applied to the teeth and gums, a chemical bonding process occurs.
- Pyrophosphates (crystal growth inhibitor) act as chelating agent and removes calcium from the saliva to form a soluble complex that can be rinsed away with water thereby controlling new calculus buildup.
- Any calcium phosphate that has not yet bonded to teeth is attracted to the sodium pyrophosphate. When the new compound mixes with water, it is completely dissolved.
- The toothpaste cannot dissolve the tartar that has already bonded with the enamel, but it can stop future deposits from forming.
- Fluoride also inhibits the metabolism of acid-producing bacteria thereby indirectly help in tartar control in addition to controlling cavities.
Individuals clinically diagnosed as heavy calculus formers
Brush teeth thoroughly after each meal or at least twice a day. To minimize swallowing by child, use only pea sized amount. Child’s brushing and rinsing should be under adult supervision. Children under 2 years of age, consult a doctor/dentist.
- XTAR should be recommended for minimum 8-12 weeks and after which doctor should evaluate the results and continue further treatment
- XTAR is a specialized toothpaste for calculus prone patients, hence it is recommended only as a toothpaste for calculus control
Keep tube capped when not in use. Store below 30°C.
Known sensitivity to any of the active ingredients or excipients.
100 gm lamitube.
Now available on Amazon.in. To buy click here.
Now available on flipkart.com To buy click here.